Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Birth of Baby Isabella - San Francisco Bay Area Birth Photography

This week, I had the honor of photographing the birth of Baby Isabella. E had planned for a home birth. She had a wonderful midwife and an amazing doula on hand to help her through this journey. What she did not plan on was a 50 hour labor (Yes, 50 hours!) and 5 hours of pushing. She did all of this unmedicated. I am completely in awe. She was so calm throughout the entire process.

I'm working on a slide show but am waiting on final approval from E and her husband before posting. Some images are very intense and involve nudity, so I want to make sure they are comfortable with sharing before I post them.

For now, here are a few of my favourite pictures from the day.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


10 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

those are AWESOME! I had tears as I viewed them. What an amazing gift you have given them! I can't wait to see the rest (if they allow it!) You totally captured the moment!!

Teri said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Can't wait to see the slideshow.

janessa said...

Beautiful!! Congrats to their family :)
you did a great job evoking the emotion, struggle & love in the room.

Stefanie K. said...

Just gorgeous!! I have tears! Stunning photos...amazing. So happy for their awesome family.

Josie said...

Absolutely beautiful photographs. What an amazing experience. I look forward to seeing more. Can't wait to see the slideshow.

Julia Emerson said...

Congratulations to all! What a beautiful experience to share. Very intense, but warm and real. Great job E! Fantastic T! and lets not forget K! Amazing!

Melissa said...

Amazing! I believe you did an awesome job capturing the moment.

the thorntons said...

so intense, and real .. and breathtaking. photography at it's best, amazing job by you all.

Katie said...

oh my god Kelly...you were made to take pictures like those. I am amazed, inspired, intrigued...you name it. What a blessing to have those photos of the experience. Just....wow.

Unknown said...

Wow -- what a fantastic experience and beautiful photos. Were you around for all 50 hours of labor?
Can't wait to see the slideshow!