Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Birth of Baby Isabella - Slideshow







I am so thankful that Evangelina has agreed to let me share the full slide show!

There are a few things that should be explained. There are some large chunks of time missing. This was a very very long labor (50 hours). There was a point during the process that the midwife decided it would be best for us all to leave (midwife, doula, photographer) so that we could all get some rest. I was gone for about 6 hours at that point.

In the end, after 4 hours of pushing it was clear that this baby needed help coming out and so E was transferred to her hospital. Unfortunately, when we arrived I was informed that it was hospital policy to not allow photography during the actual birth. I did not know how soon after the birth I would be allowed to photograph. Because of this I was not in a great position, nor did I have my light metered properly. One blurry, over exposed photo was all that I got of E seeing her baby for the first time. Lets just agree to call that one artsy ok?

This was such an amazing experience for me. Though it was a long, I am so pleased that this was my first birth shoot. A wonderful couple, unfathomable support system, getting to work with my friend Teri (the doula!). It was more than I could have ever dreamed of. and I can't WAIT to do it again!

19 comments:

SwishDesigns said...

absolutely stunning. It made me cry...I wish that I had had something like this when I gave birth to Ryan. If we're ever blessed to have a 2nd child, it's something near the top of my list. Great job Kelly!

Josie said...

I have no words. Absolutely amazing story, amazing photographs. So incredibly beautiful.

Teri said...

That was just beautiful, Kelly!

janessa said...

Beautiful! What an amazing way to capture such an emotional experience. E's strength is awe inspiring.

Kemmeo said...

These are FANTASTIC Kelly. I feel like I was there and I strongly remember what it all felt like!

Erica said...

Ditto---absolutely stunning! And tears are flowing over here as well....beautiful job!!

Stefanie K. said...

Ohmygosh, I'm in tears...just beautiful, absolutely amazing. Wow. Thank you for sharing!!!!

the thorntons said...

WOW. Tears in eyes, so amazing.. the emotion captured is beyond words. Great great job.

Unknown said...

what beautiful pictures and what a story they tell! You are a talent!

Bunch said...

Gorgeous Kelly! And congrats again E (if you see this)

Mom and Wife said...

Amazing....It makes me get excited! Thanks to E for being willing to share with all of us

Sophie said...

I am tearing up - the pictures are beautiful, the birth is beautiful. Congratulations!

3Boysand1Girl said...

Kelly - That was beautiful! Such a wonderful documentation for baby Isabella's arrival! What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Ah-may-zing!

SarahSews said...

Amazing! I'm teary too! So brave of her to agree to post such intimate photos. What a gift to have them. And B&W is so much more forgiving!

Susan_M said...

I am crying here looking at these photos! It's an incredible journey and she is lucky to have it documented so beautifully!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

So amazing! Thank you and thank you to Evangelina and family for letting us share in this beautiful experience!

Melissa Girlstylst said...

amazing Kelly, you captured incredible moments, very talented !

almpk said...

That was so beautiful! I would love to have something like this from my 3 births. What a great way to capture the memories!